- the manual for your router is on the cd. read it. don't be ignorant about your router. that only gets you into trouble.
- after you have learned about your router, login to the router and set up the router and its wireless with WPA2 Personal with AES Encryption, give it an ssid, and a passkey ( I suggest you put the passkey on a cd, then you can copy and paste it in where it's needed).
- if you change or make any passwords, or ssid's, write them down on a piece of paper and file it, and also put it on the text file on the cd using notepad.
- then go to your wireless laptop and turn on your wireless and wait 15-40 seconds.
- then right click on your wireless connection and pick setup or click on it and pick setup, whichever the case is. you want to get to wireless setup.
- choose manual configuration.
- enter the ssid, passkey twice, and encryption type (WPA2 Personal or something close to it).
- once you have all the info in and all the dialogs are closed, refresh wireless networks list, and pick yours. connect. enter the passkey twice.
- close all those dialogs.
- right click on the wireless connection and pick repair. you should be connected now.
it's probably easier than this, but I didn't know for sire if it was really going to connect or not, it didn't seem like it was going to unless I did all these things.