want to verify your program for windows vista/7/8/8.1? Microsoft has a tool called AppVerifier which gives you useful log information during a sample run.
update-app-verifier-logs.zip - has cmd shell script (1/11/2015, MB)
Directions for using AppVerifier:
- install a copy of the mingw-w64 (gcc) dongsheng daily build 5.0.0 x64 and extract to root dir.
- add the bin dir to your PATH [windows-logo-flag-key]-[pause/break] advanced, environment variables, system, Path, edit, click in the path entry, hit End key and type ; and .
- install the appropriate bittedness of AppVerifier for your computer from Microsoft.
- run AppVerifier
- enable all tests
- run your installer you wish to test against vista/7/8/8.1 and probably 10
- after that program closes, close AppVerifier
- [windows-logo-flag-key]-R explorer %userprofile%\AppVerifierLogs [Enter]
- click in breadcrumb menu or address bar to get dir path and hit ctrl-c
- [windows-logo-flag-key]-R cmd %userprofile%\AppVerifierLogs [Enter]
- type cd alt-space-e-p [Enter]
- type for %x in (*.dat) do (strings -a -e l %x>%x.txt) [Enter] (this will make usable text files out of the .dat files)
- type copy *.txt %userprofile%\Desktop\ [Enter] this will put the .txt files on your desktop.
- type exit [Enter] to get out of cmd shell
cd "%userprofile%\AppVerifierLogs" md %HOMEDRIVE%..\Desktop\AppVerifierLogs for %%x in (*.dat) do (strings -a -e l %%x>%HOMEDRIVE%..\Desktop\AppVerifierLogs\%%x.txt)