A long time ago I used to think that the Jesus crucified on Good Friday and the baby Jesus at Christmas were 2 different people. and I didn't really know who this Jesus person was. I was wrong. I now know them to be one and the same person - Christ Jesus, Savior, King of kings and Lord of lords. So yes, Christmas and Resurrection Day are related, whereas the other holidays of the year don't really have too much to do with Jesus.
Read George Washington's Thanksgiving Day Proclamation here, and Abraham Lincoln's Thanksgiving Day Proclamation here. Actually, you can find all these resources on this Thanksgiving page. Lots of cool historical information.
Trim & Terrific™ Holiday Recipes, by Holly Clegg, courtesy CBN (requires registration). She has a recipe book "Gulf Coast Favorites"
Reverend Fun Comics
How about some thanksgiving cartoons?
The YouTube videos have been embedded in such a way that they do not offer related videos. This eliminates offensive material.That's a fact Episode 39 - Turkey Coma?
list of things to be thankful for
- the things we have which God has provided us with
- hands (they are amazing)
- a nose
- ability to sing/play a tune, whether carrying in a bucket or making a joyful noise
- ability to walk or run
- ability to get a job, having a job
- government that allows us to worship God and isn't openly persecutive of Christians
- for family
- for light
- for green things, so many variations of green, and so many variations of shapes
- for God's love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly
- for chocolate and other sweets
- a place to put our garbage
- for a sewage system that works pretty well
- for tape
- for boxes
- for food
- for the fruit of the spirit
- for calculators to simplify our math work
- for tools
- optical discs
- air conditioning
- spiritual gifts and other gifts/skills. these are a gift of God. like a good Father, I learned he can take them away if a person gets too prideful about his gifts. He can also give them back but leave a dependence upon Him. some people call these skills. that can be "inborn aptitudes" or acquired. this is something to thank God for: God can also give you skills for an upcoming job, maybe without your realizing it, you might not realize it until you get on the job that He provided those skills until you look back.
- dependence/reliance upon God. it's the way things should be.
- kindness of others
- vitamins for our health
- photos and good memories
- roof over our head
- God is still on his throne
- running cars
- ears - amazing how they work, and amazing their dynamic range when compared with micrpophones
- thumbs and fingers (they are amazing)
- clouds that bring rain for plants and cover from the sun when we need it