hard disks in windows appear to be getting faster and faster I think because of microsoft driver updates.
hmm. apparently windows' disk compression causes a disk speed decrease from 358Mbps down to 86:MBps, even with an i7-3970x.
358:MBps=358e6*8bps=2.864:Gbps which is the limit of SATA 3Gbps)), even with a SATA SSD.
got a new backup technology that's for sale? want it in this calculator?
Got a backup technology that you want to place here? I have room for some, but not a lot. once the table gets too big, I have to reduce it to keep the speed decent and from getting the script stopped. provide the specs listed in the input boxes using the contact me page.
- interface type
- net data rate(s) for 1x speed
- list all the speeds
- maximum media size, now and hopefully planned if it's on a roadmap
- media cost/pack (bulk preferable)
- drive, accessories, drive cable costs, detailed out (cleaning tape, cable, bus terminators, adapter card, drive)
- links to product and media
- qty of the largest media pack
- price of largest media pack