I get asked a number of times how to burn a cd/dvd. here's the basic instructions, in words.
If you still need me to show you how, and you are local I can help you. If you are not local, find somebody knowledgeable about computers in your area that can teach you.
data cd/dvd and MP3 cd/dvd
- get out your cd burning program, and choose to make a data cd or dvd, whichever type of media you are doing (DVD's hold 6x more than a cd).
- click the add files button.
- browse to where your files are and add them (or the folders you want).
- close the add-files dialog.
- save your compilation (optional), so you can do this again if you want to. save it in a place where you know you will find it.
data cd/dvd: if you are adding later sessions
you can with nero and roxio, delete files in the previous session, and they will show up, if you put a previously burned disc in. you can also add or update files.
it doesn't work quite this way with cdrtfe I think. I don't think you can delete with that program.
- get out your cd burning program, and choose to make an audio cd.
- click "add track".
- browse to where your MP3 or WAV file(s) is/are located and add them.
- reorganize your tracks as you see fit by clicking on a track and using the up/down arrow buttons.
- save your compilation, so you can do this again if you want to. save it in a place where you know you will find it.
free end-user cd burning programs
LOCALAPPDATA\cdrtfe\which might be
c:\documents and settings\yourusername\local settings\application data\cdrtfe\OR it could be in
c:\users\yourusername\local settings\application data\cdrtfe\. By default, cdrtfe does not have 103-character joliet turned on, and it does not eject the media (it could though, this is in settings and you can save them). I also like to use ISO-level 3 (which allows for files larger than 2GiB). multisession/multiborder is also turned off by default, probably because it does not work with DVD's.